When you apply for a mortgage, you’ll be asked to provide documents that outline your financial history.
It’s a good idea to start gathering what you’ll need as early as possible. This will speed up the application process and keep it from feeling overwhelming.
What you'll need:
- A list of all your addresses for the past two years
- Your most recent 30 days’ worth of paystubs
- Your most recent 60 days’ worth of bank statements for all accounts
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of your Social Security card
- Most recent 2 years of W2s
- Most recent 2 years of tax returns – if you receive non W2 income
- Most recent mortgage statement(s) – for refinance transactions
- Social Security or Pension Awards letters – if applicable